Ever wonder if truly wireless earphones or wired earphones, or neckband earphones are better? A good pair of earphones can make all the difference in whether you are looking for something to spice up your workout, an audio solution for your next conference call, or a personal sound system to drown out the noises from your transcontinental flights.
This post will discuss the main types of earphones: truly wireless earphones, traditional wired earphones, and neckband Bluetooth earphones (or behind-the-neck earphones). We’ll also discuss the pros and cons of each depending on your needs and preferences.
Let’s start with the most trendiest – Truly Wireless Stereo Earbuds
Wireless earphones have become the most sought-after accessory in today’s market. Most flagship and mid-tier smartphones don’t include a headphone socket, and as such, wireless earphones are becoming more of a lifestyle choice.
Let us dive into some of the pros and cons of using truly wireless earphones.
Advantages of Truly Wireless Earbuds
- Complete freedom from wire / clutter-free
- Larger playtime than neckband.
- Cool looks and trendy.
- Low latency mode for gaming
- Bluetooth Compatibility
- Increased Comfort
Disadvantages of Truly Wireless Earbuds
- Easily misplaceable
- It comes at a high price
- Requires regular charging
- Battery deteriorates with time
Are truly wireless earbuds worth it?
- TWS earbuds are a great choice for fitness enthusiasts and sports athletes as they are always on the move whether hitting the treadmill or the track. Getting strangled by the wire is something athletes don’t prefer and as such TWS earbuds are the perfect choice for them.
Which true wireless earbuds are the best?
Some of the latest and best performing truly wireless earbuds are –
- Apple Airpods Pro
- Amazon Echo buds 2
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus
- OnePlus Buds Pro
- Jabra Elite 75t
What should I look for when buying wireless earbuds?
Here are some important things you must look for before buying wireless earbuds –
- Comfort fitting
- Battery Life.
- Built quality
Which is the best earbud under 3000?
There are several good earbuds available under 3000. Some of the top 3 earbuds under the above mentioned price range are –
- OnePlus Buds Z
- Realme Buds Q2 with Active Noise Cancellation
- Boat (boAt) Airdopes 511V2 TWS Ear-Buds
Next up, we got the most reliable in terms of battery backup & convenience – Neckband Earphones
These types of earphones can be used in-ear or on-ear, but they will always have a wire connecting the buds. They come with magnetic tips that you can use to attach them around your neck while not using them. You will not lose any of the buds. They will simply keep hanging around your neck, ready to use. These earphones can be worn comfortably on hikes while traveling or during a workout. Neckband earphones also offer extra space to host a bigger battery and hence provide a satisfactory battery backup.
Let’s jump into the pros and cons of neckband earphones –
Advantages of Neckband Earphones
- Regular and common,
- It is comfortable and can be safely hung around the neck,
- On average, the battery life lasts 8 hours,
- High latency because the chipsets have a longer life,
Disadvantages of Neckband Earphones
- Requires regular charging,
- Battery deteriorates with time,
- Sometimes, its take too much time to get full charged,
Which is the best wireless earphones neckband?
If you’re looking for reliability and sound quality, then OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Series is the best neckband for you. It also comes with fast charging and provides 20 / 17 hours of battery life.
Which brand of Bluetooth neckband earphones is best?
Sony is surely one of the best bluetooth neckband earphone brand available in the market.
How do I choose Bluetooth neckbands?
There are some important things one must know before buying a bluetooth neckband. They are;
- If it has a securable ear loop option.
- If it has a good audio quality
- If it has a good mic.
- If it has well-placed and usable controls.
- If it offers comfort fitting around the neck with smooth eartips.
Which is the best neckband under 2000?
If you’re looking for the best under neckband under 2000, then the OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z in-Ear Bluetooth Neckband Earphones is the perfect choice for you.
At last, we got the all time classic one – Wired Earphones
For a quick and simple listen, wired earphones can be considered entry-level, affordable earphones. They can be plugged into a 3.5mm port on a smartphone. It isn’t very pleasant to have a wire in your way, especially when running, exercising, or commuting on a train. But there are some significant benefits of wired earphones as they don’t have to be expensive and are a better choice if sound quality is more important than convenience.
Advantages of Wired Earphones
- Superb Sound Quality
- No batteries required
Disadvantages of Wired Earphones
- Wires get tangled even inside pockets.
- Earphones can be damaged if the wire is tripped.
Which type of wired earphones are best?
If you’re looking to buy wired earphones, then brands like boAt, JBL, Sennheiser and sony are the best options to go for.
Which IEM earphones are the best for audiophiles?
If you’re opting to buy an IEM earphone, then Blon BL-03 is a perfect choice for you. It is one of the most affordable and great sounding earphones and also comes with clear- high frequency detailing.
Which is the best wired earphone under 1000?
There are several great wired earphones available under 1000 rupees. Some of the best wired earphones are –
- boAt Bassheads 225.
- boAt Bassheads 242
- JBL C200SI
- Boult Audio ProBass X1-WL
So, which type of earphones is the best for you?
- Audiophiles – Wired earphones are the best option for audiophiles. The most popular earphones made by top brands have been used in music production studios for more than 50 years. They are still a standard for musicians and producers, but the design has not changed. Recent innovations in sound technology have made them more attractive. Wired earphones are the right choice for you if you want to have the best sound quality. Musicians and DJs are audiophiles who set high standards for sound quality. These audiophiles don’t have to compromise sound quality by using wired earphones.Check out Blon Bl-03, a high-quality IEM (In-Ear Monitors) here.
- Athletes: Are you looking to elevate your training? Wireless earphones allow you to run, lift weights and do other activities, all while enjoying your favorite music.
- Wireless earphones for travelers: Wireless earphones are essential if you love listening to music and are always on the move. Wireless earphones allow you to listen to your favorite music while you travel around the world.
- Gamers: Do you want to feel like a character in your favorite videogame? Wireless earphones will allow you to feel like you are part of your favorite video game. Wireless earphones enable gamers to be a part of the action in any video game. Wireless earphones mean that gamers don’t need to be too close to the TV in order to enjoy their favorite games.
- Desk Jockeys: Wired earphones are great for people who work at a desk for long hours. Workers who enjoy listening to music on their mobile devices or computers at work can use their wired earphones to get excellent sound quality. Wireless earphones can even make desk jockeys’ workday more productive.
- Individuals with hearing impairments: The best-wired earphones offer unmatched sound quality. They are, therefore, a viable option for those with hearing impairments.
Final thoughts –
It would be best if you choose whatever appeals to you when making a purchase decision. Go for what works best for your lifestyle and the activities that you enjoy. Earbuds and neck bands are ideal for athletes who need to be able to move around freely and are an optimum choice for those who don’t want to deal with wires. On the other hand, wired earphones are for those who want the best sound quality.